Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stomach Pain For Over A Month

Berne-Visp 11.20.2010 11.17.2010



finish my bike season I again make a longer tour. The plan was to Zermatt from where I live Ostermundigen my home to drive. Unfortunately, I'm "only" to come to Visp, because my knee started to tweak. Next year I'll take it intended to attack again :-)


morning at 08:00 Clock I started in time for my tour. And I followed the Lötschberg Jura Route No. 64 , but in the opposite direction. The weather was very pleasant, partly cloudy, but not very cold! The morning dew melts and the foggy fields conjured up a fantastic Picture in nature! The first line ran along the Aare to the Uttigenschwelle where the Aare is crossed and the tour continues towards Kandersteg. Would you entlanfahren Route No. 8, they would be reached after a few kilometers tuna.

Crossing the bridge over the Simme giving to a great views of the Niesen and the Castle of Wimmis . The remaining route now led mostly on dirt roads past Mülenen and Reichenbach. In Reichenbach I decided to leave the marked route and head towards Frutigen. The marked route, I have already traveled this summer before and was not particularly impressed and so I chose a different direction this time. At Frutigen, turn then into Kander, where you can see the snow-covered level of car-train from a distance, there are so overcome a few meters.
The right begins to rise a few miles to Frutigen. Here are the fields and dirt roads covered with snow already! At the height of the blue lake then the roads and nature trails are completely covered with snow. However, these are still used, is with a uniform and a round pedals also possible on the icy surface driving. The Gemmipass I have already written off before, because this time of year The Pass is impassable. Even in summer the slopes are down to Leukerbad dangerous for bikers. Sorry I missed the passenger in Kandersteg with 5 minutes, but could go directly to the car train. On the train I was able to strengthen with bars and fruit. The first twinge in my knee has started :-(! The departure of Goppenstein is not very spectacular! The old car way down to Gampel can be left quickly behind him without a car driver and oncoming traffic.

Now began for me the hardest part the tour. The journey along the Rottu (Rhone) to Vispwar a struggle against the wind! The head wind was sometimes so strong that I feel quilting adventure in Stop driving. The 13 kilometers to Visp cost me so much strength and also tweaking the knee was stronger. Now go into the winter break to recharge your energy for the next year! The celebration evening group is of course not to break! :-)


Conclusion: 96.3km (without train) / 995Hm / Time: 4h 10min
route on GPSies: here

0 comments:

Post a Comment